Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother of a weekend!

We had such a fun weekend! Saturday I was able to play with Jed and Addie all afternoon. We went to the parkway and flew a kite (which she didn't care much about) and we played on the playground, which Addie LOVED! She's so funny now when we go to parks. She says "park, park!" .....then "slide? slide? weeee!" Oh I like her :)



This is Addie taking off with another kid's ball. Haha, she sees a ball and she wants it to be hers. Luckily the kids were nice and shared.


What could be better than a trip to the park and having the ice cream truck show up? I seriously haven't bought ice cream from a truck in 15 years or more. I literally ran over to it (not like it was going anywhere.) Jed and I were so excited and Addie was dancing and doing her hand jive to the music. It rocked.


My mother's day gift- a shadow box for the blessing dress that Addie and I were both blessed in. I've been wanting to do this since she was blessed. I'm so glad it can be on display now.


We had brunch at Grammy Dawn's house and it was soooo yummy! This picture is a third of the food. I made a fruit pizza for dessert and it was delicious. We had waffles, hash browns, eggs, sausage, croissants, fruit, shrimp, muffins, and more.....mmmmm I could eat brunch every week like this.

Addie and Eden

I had to throw this video into this post. This was Addie dancing to the ice cream truck. I love Jed's laugh too :)

My favorite thing was after this she was singing the "E-I-E-I-O" part, only not exactly right.

8 comments:

Maria said...

She's so cute! That looked like an awesome brunch!

Megan said...

Her little hand dancing she does reminds me of the people who dance to techno music. Haha. I love it. And ice cream, from an ice cream truck, on a warm day in the park?! Can life get any better?! I submit that it can not!

Melissa Rees said...

I can't believe how big she is! I still think of her as a little baby. I don't know why I do that! Sorry we didn't get to see you on Sunday!

Lori said...

i love addie's hand jive. jed's laugh makes me giggle, i'm totally going to miss it. it's one of my memories of hanging out with you... random.. but there ya go.

10zfam said...

lol, the hand dance is great. addie is such cutie

Chelsie said...

ah i haven't gotten ice cream from an ice cream truck in ages!!! though they often creep me out, your day sounds pretty fabtabulous

Janiel said...

That shadow box is so neat!! Great idea to keep it framed.

erin said...

hey jenny, of course i remember you. :) thanks for commenting on my blog. your daughter is a cutie, and i might be sort of drooling over that brunch picture... NUM! hope you had a lovely mother's day!