Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Fives?"

I have to share this little story about what Addie said today. Jed is attending a conference for work untill Tuesday and since it is just in downtown Salt Lake, Addie and I joined him and stayed at his hotel last night. He had a 2 hour opening conference to go to this morning. I decided to take Addie over to walk around Temple Square and the Visitor's Center.


Addie recently started to recognize Jesus in pictures at church and at home and so it was cute to see her look at all the big paintings and say "Jesus". I walked her upstairs to the Christus statue and she was in awe. I asked her who He was, and she replied "Jesus".
Then she looked up at Him and His hands out and said "Fives?" Yes, my little child was asking if she could give Jesus fives. I told her probably not and giggled to myself. Oh I like her. She also said "Hold you?" and made the gesture with her hands that she does when she makes this request. Oh sweet girl.....I told her "someday sweetie".

8 comments:

Netti said...

That's ADORABLE!!! Not to mention heartmelting! I bet Jesus would be happy to give her "fives".:) So so cute.

McBride Family said...

i LOVE the sweet things that come out of the mouths of little ones - unfortunately sometimes the not sweet things are just as cute too -addie's "fives" is adorablly cute!

Lori said...

soooo dang cute. i can totally see her doing that. both van and i got a good chuckle. :)

Megan said...

So adorable! What a sweetheart.

Emmy said...

Oh my goodness, that is so sweet! What a darling little girl.

Janiel said...

I went to church with Dale and Merlin on Sunday and I was hoping to see ya but it looks like you might of been sluffing :) (just teasing with ya)

Maria said...

That is so precious! I love how she says "Hold you?" We have to go to lunch when I come out! I want all three of those cute kids live and in person instead of on a blog!

Amanda said...

Oh how I love her. She is so cute. I think Jesus would be happy to give her fives too...