Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy 29th Birthday Jed!

Yay for birthdays! Addie always says "party" right after she says "birthday". Haha, she usually throws in "cupcake?" too. She gave her daddy lots of good birthday loves and kisses :)

One more year and my cute husband is going to be in his 3o's!!!

Addie and I took Jed to breakfast at Karen's Cafe on 25th street, then decided to walk around at the farmers market and also look at some of the painted horses (Addie's latest OBSESSION). They're all over downtown Ogden and each one is different. I had to take a picture of my FAVORITE horse! The Hershey's horse..... check him out!
And the back side....

We celebrated Jed's birthday that night by going to see Transformer's 2 (which I'm giving an enthusiastic Meh about) Then we went to dinner with Jed's brothers and wives.

Italic Jed acting super excited about his lettuce wraps.....even though he was still drying his tears over his favorite place L and L being closed before we could get there.

We had a very fun night out! We don't do that too often anymore, so it was a nice break. I love you the most Jed! Thanks so much for being my best friend and the greatest daddy to Addison!
Jed's grandma Margaret's birthday is right after his, so we saw her and some other family as well. Here are Addie and Eden having some girl chats with Grammy Dawn and Great Grandma Margaret. The chatting was mostly about Addie showing Eden she's 1 and then putting up a second finger because Eden is almost 2. It was some pretty deep convo ;)
I forgot to take a picture of the gift I made/gave Jed. I scanned (which I loathe doing) ALL of Jed's mission pictures, uploaded them into a Shutterfly book and had it printed for him. I think I got extra points for doing the scanning. I've always wanted to scrapbook them, but Jed wanted them scanned as backup if I was going to be cutting them up. So I think this was the best of both worlds. They're now all scanned and backed up AND I didn't have to do the actual scrapbook work. Seriously LOVE those books.

9 comments:

Niki said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jed. Your so old, and I thought that Brian was old. Looks like you guys had a good time.

Netti said...

I love those books too, as I am a kindergartner when it comes to real scrapbooking. Well..I've never used Shutterfly, but I assume it is pretty similar to Snapfish, which I love! :) Good job on all the scanning, scanning takes forever and a day!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday to Jed! That is an awesome idea for a birthday present. You get bonus points from me (I know you care) for scanning them all in. What a good wifey you are. I might have to steal your idea, although I don't know if I would have the patience. I heard that Tranformers is just 'okay' but I am sure my husband is going to want to watch it anyway - especially with Megan Fox in it. Oh boys.

C and C Young said...

LOVE technology....helping me remain lazy for the past few years.

Maria said...

Funny post! Colorful candy horses are so fun. I love that you gave Tran 2 an "enthusiastic meh". That is so awesome!

Pieces of Us said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you! To you! Happy Happy Birthday to you!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Jed!!! I'm glad your covert mission scanning present was a hit.

Jennie Taylor said...

I hope Jed enjoyed his birthday! I still always think of July 18th as the Happiest Day of the Year :). Great job on the mission book, Jenny!! That is something I need to do with my pictures and my husband's. You've inspired me :).

Janiel said...

Yea! Happy Birthday Jed - looks like you had a great time!!