Monday, September 22, 2008

BBG- Best invention ever


Okay....well I guess maybe not THE best invention ever. It sure feels that way right now though! I forgot to mention in my other posts today about this little machine that is saving our lives right now! Sorry for the 3 posts in one day- but I HAD to share this with any of you moms with sick little ones, even allergies.
This "BBG- Baby Booger Getter" is the coolest (and yes grossest) machine! Those little suction bulbs that you try to use to clear out babies' noses never work well. This is like using that little thing for an hour but in 10 seconds! Yes, Addie HATES it- but she hates those too. At least we're able to keep her nose cleared out to help her not get further infections. My doctor and Addie's have told me that is the key to not getting ear, nose and chest infections with colds is to keep the nose clear......So, here you go kids! Ask you pediatrician to get you a script for one and a medical device company will bring it to you! We've just kept this one since April, when she had her first sniffles. It's only $7/month w/insurance :) Gotta love it.

5 comments:

C and C Young said...

I'm definitely going to ask my insurance if we can get one of those--we need it so badly. Those little blue bulb things totally suck (the word, not the action.) They never suction right and Maddux just bawls.

Pieces of Us said...

I have got to get one of those! Beckam HATES, and I mean HATES, it when I use that little bulb thing. It takes forever to get just one little one out and then he is crying. So sad!!

Megan said...

I will definitely keep this is mind for future children cause those bulb syringes don't work. It is so nice now that Anna knows how to blow her nose - who knew I would get so excited over such a weird thing. And I must say that Addie is the cutest 'sick' baby I have ever seen.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Oh I definitely need to try one of these. Logan has had a never ending cold and he just dreads the nose sucker and it just doesn't do justice sometimes.

Jenny said...

Our lives have all changed dramatically when sucking snot out of our babies' noses is the topic of conversation huh??
That's motherhood I suppose! Just know, your baby will still HATE this thing, but it's over in seconds and they're over it :)