Saturday, September 6, 2008

Glass half full :)

So I'm not going to lie, it has been a very rough week. Too many issues and stories to go through, but it isn't worth dwelling on. So today, I'm taking a glass half full approach! I looked through pictures that I took this week and realized that we actually have had a lot of good things take place and have a lot to be happy about....so here are the high points in our week:


Some serious bragging rights here! Ash and I made these darling strawberries and mini cheesecakes for Whitney's shower on Monday. Aren't they too cute?! Little brides and grooms...so appropriate for a bridal shower. We had a pink theme, and even the cheesecakes matched. I know, I have problems ;)

Addie and her auntie/bride-to-be!

All dressed up with somewhere to go- Jed and I had a black tie gala that we attended on Thursday. It was fun to get to get dressed up.....took me back to high school days haha.

How can you possibly think life isn't fair when you look at these big blue eyes? I sure can't! My little sweetie just melts my heart and makes all the bad go away. This was taken yesterday after her and her daddy got "bumped" in the parking lot by an old guy on his cell phone...ugh. I was just happy that both of my sweeties were okay!

6 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh ugh! I am sorry you had a bad week... Way to be half full! Your strawberries and cheesecakes look so yummmy! You are so crafty. And by the way, you are looking gorgeous in your black tie event dress- It's easy to see how Addie got to be so beautiful. I hope next week is better than this one, it sounds like you could use a break from the bad!

Pieces of Us said...

Addie is so cute! I'm glad her and Jed were okay after they got hit. I'm sorry you had a rough week. =( Let me know if there's anything I can do for you guys! We definately need to play soon. I am off on Friday's so we should do something then!

mlewrkmn said...

Oh...life can sure throw some fast balls atcha. I'm glad you're all okay. Addie's big blue eyes take my troubles away too!

Megan said...

The shower looks awesome. I wish I were there for those strawberries! Those are my fave. Way to go on making them look even better; I didn't know it was possible. You look awesome all gussied up and Addie is a doll. I can see why you can't stay sad for long with her around!

Netti said...

Boo to bad weeks!:( I hope this week is nicer to you!!

Those little desserts look amazing!!!!! YUM!!! And you look beautiful all dressed up!:) Addie sure is a doll, love her blue eyes!

mlewrkmn said...

Hello hottie mommy in pink. GO JEN!