Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I was thinkin'......

10 years ago I didn't OWN a cell phone or use email on a regular basis

5 years ago, I'd never heard of a Blackberry and had just barely got an iPod

3 years ago, I was barely texting and didn't like it

2 years ago, I had never blogged anything, nor read anyone else's blog for that matter

1 year ago, I didn't belong to facebook


Today- My Blackberry lives in a 10 foot (or MUCH smaller) radius from where I am. With this device, I get emails INSTANTLY, see ALL that goes on in the facebook and blogging world, I have Pandora on it so I don't even use my iPod.......oh and it makes phone calls too.

I don't go an hour whilst awake without either sending/receiving a text, email, fb message, or instant message.

Kinda crazy when you think about how much technology changes and how FAST it does! I'm barely keeping up it seems.

Sometimes I wonder if I threw my BB out the window if I'd really miss it......Hmmm...... oh wait, that's just CRAAAAZY talk-- of COURSE I would! I love being able to stay connected to my family and friends.
Although I sometimes agree that all this technology is a bit much and I have a slightly irrational fear that "iRobot" will take place and my BB will indeed attack me, for now-

I heart you beloved Blackberry!

9 comments:

Lori said...

hee hee. oh how i adore this post. it's so true. i remember getting frustrated with van pre-blackberry days when he would be glued to his BB. (it took me 2 years of convincing to get one) and now? I'm worse than he is with his iphone. funny funny.

i heart my bb too!

Melissa Rees said...

I freakin' HATE my blackberry! I don't use it for internet or music (guess I'm still old school). I like it for texting and that's it. My battery never stays charged and it's not user-friendly at all. Glad you like yours, but I'm still waiting for the iphone to come to t-mobile. Then I'll be a total freak!

Netti said...

Ha ha! I loved this post! I have a love/hate relationship with technology. It's totally taking over the world. But at the same time, I'm addicted to it and love it. I still wonder what the heck we used to do when we were meeting up with someone and didn't have cell phones?

Maria said...

Wow, I need to join the Blackberry club. I also did not own a cell phone ten years ago and joined FB a year ago. I honestly don't know how I could do without FB now!

Chelsie said...

haha, i love it. your camping trip looks so fun...i'm glad addy did so well!!

Megan said...

I agree how much technology changes. What I can't get over is the price of technology. Ross and I joked about the first jump drive we bought for school - not even 1MG and it was like $40. LOL.

I hope your BB never attacks you ;)

Niki said...

Nice, you make me feel so out of the loop without a BB. Maybe someday I will be as cool as you!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

I wish I was as cool as you and owned a blackberry. Perhaps someday. It is crazy how fast technology changes though. I sure hope your blackberry doesn't attack you either. lol.

Amanda said...

I was sooo just thinking this same thing. Sometimes I feel like my bb has taken over my life! But I totally miss it when I don't have it. Hmmmm....
And yes, let's play next week. I'm totally in.