Friday, September 18, 2009

Social September

So remember how I posted a couple weeks ago about the whole "see ya summer" thing? Well apparently it isn't over. So not over. We've been playing in September just as much as the rest of the summer. We've been having a lot of get togethers with family and friends and play dates. Addie and I had a busy week! So here's the run down of the past three days......backwards though. Sorry, I'm tired haha.....

Today

We went down to Salt Lake to meet up with some fabulous girl friends and their cute kiddos. We went here to grab some lunch to go......oh their dessert selection was to die for. We took our food over to Liberty Park and let the kids run around and play while we attempted to get some chatting in.....you know, in between.... "where's my kid?" and "hey, don't run over there, come back!" Ha, kids. Loved it though. The kids (Addie led this group) discovered the 1/20 of the park which had water spraying everywhere.
The kids loooved splashing in the water....yes, while they were all fully clothed. We allowed it, A-because they loved it and B-who wants to seriously try and stop a kid from getting wet??? Not me!
Addie loved playing with the kids and riding down with KariAnn and her girls. (thanks for the ride!) She was really good in the car since there were other kids to entertain her- Score! Top right picture is Maddux, Addie and Hailey splashing. She loved the park and swinging in between splashing.


Here's Cooper, Addie (dripping with water) and Annabelle. These two kids managed to stay dry somehow.....ironic since Megan actually had a swimming suit for Anna. Go figure right?
Play Date number two today- we went to my mom's house and swam and played with Grady and Taylor. I can't believe that we've swam 3 times since labor day. It rocks though. Addie loves it. Have I mentioned she loves water?? ;)

After we went swimming, we got some pizza for the kids, then went shopping. Grammy likes to spoil the grandkids when they sleep over. So we went and found cute outfits for Grady and Taylor. We found these funny hats and made the kids model them. Yes, we're those people.

Thursday- went to Willard with my mom and Addie with a mission: PEACHES!



Wednesday
We went to the zoo with Grammy Dawn and Whitney after work. We saw the baby elephant and baby giraffe-- SO cute! Whitney wanted to walk a lot to try and induce labor....didn't work but we had fun. Addie loved all the animals. She'd say the names and make their sounds. She really like the penguins...probably since they were swimming in water.

Addie loved the giant ball that rolls in water at the front of the zoo and hasn't stopped talking about the train ride and the animals she saw.
Well, I think that sums up the past 3 days......hope you're all enjoying this beautiful September! Next stop- autumn! I would also like to thank my blackberry for being there for me to take all these pictures. Somehow the camera I leave in the diaper bag got taken out and I keep forgetting it!

6 comments:

McBride Family said...

looks like a fun week! i didn't know your mom had a pool! so fun. by the way, i LOVE addie's outfit on your salt lake playdate - so adorable!

Lori said...

sounds like a grand time! so when you texted me "liberty park" i totally thought you were IN liberty. to which I thought that was a random place to meet since SLC would be more central. I'm special sometimes. haha.

Addie is getting s big!

Megan said...

It really was so fun to hang out, but we definitely need to do it again without the kids. Annabelle LOVED the water ball at the Zoo too. I don't think she was interested in the water at Liberty Park since it sprays - she is not a fan of getting sprayed in the face. I might have to steal some pics. I too brought my camera and didn't take it out. Maybe I should invest in a phone with a better camera. And all your peach concoctions look so yummy - I want them all!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

That is some serious September partying! Those peaches look wonderful and my mouth is watering for them now. You are so lucky you have a phone to help you capture these moments. I always forget my camera. Keep having fun!

Amanda said...

Holy busy week batman! What a party! I looooove gourmandise. Oh making my mouth watering just thinking about it. When things slow down for you, IF they slow down for you, let's play!

Chelsie said...

ah i was in willard/brigham yesterday and was so mad it was a sunday and that all the stands were closed, i've been wanting some brigham peaches for quite some time now. i actually had a swimsuit for cooper too...so of course they were the only two who didn't get wet. haha. we will have to have another play date...one where the area the kids play in is closed in so we can chat more :-)