Tuesday, September 1, 2009

See ya summer

It is Septemeber 1st- where did summer go?

Well, we had a busy, fun-filled one that's for sure. Crazy to think that the next few weeks will bring cooler temperatures, changing colors of leaves and that awesome smell that autumn has.......ahhhh I love it. I'm torn though, because Addie LOVES summer, playing outside, and more importantly WATER!! We had our last swim of the summer at Grammy's house today. Addie was such a wild little fish! She couldn't get enough of it.....hope she doesn't meltdown next time she asks "swim" or "pool......sunshine, whale, froggy??" (her little pool toys) Telling her that the pool is closed till next summer will be a sad day.

Meanwhile.......bring on the Autumn!

9 comments:

Chelsie said...

hmm i wonder when our pool closes...i should probably find that out. that pic of her and grammy is so stinkin cute...i love her little face

Netti said...

I always get so sad when summer comes to an end, but there is something wonderful about the feel in the air when fall is coming. And I do love cardigan weather, sweaters, boots, scarves, fall colors, crunchy leaves underfoot. Can't help but be excited for all that! I just wish fall didn't mean that winter is next.

Megan said...

That picture is so cute. I love Fall and Spring, but I too dread when Winter comes and Anna still wants to go outside and play. She doesn't care how cold it is, she still wants to be outside...but I don't. LOL.

And we should totally plan a play date down this way! How does next week look for you. I could do it Tuesday or Wednesday. Let me know.

Maria said...

That's so great that Marilyn has a pool. You don't have to share a yucky public pool with all the other kids.

Niki said...

I love fall time, it is one of my favorite seasons. That was one thing I did miss when we lived in AZ. My kid still thinks it's summer she is out in her swimming pool right now. Go Figure! Cute picture, you can send Addie over anytime she wants to swim I am sure we will be doing it for a few more weeks.

McBride Family said...

I love fall but will miss the summer too - it's so fun to watch the kids loving the outdoor activities!

Lori said...

yay for fall!!! i know it's not AS fun for the kiddos, but man i sure love fall.

Janiel said...

I didn't know your mom had a swimming pool. Next time I'm going to have to bring Baby K over so she can play in the pool with Addie.

Unknown said...

I LOVE looking at your blog...I hope you don't care I put your on my blog list :) You little Addison is ADORABLE!!!