Sunday, August 1, 2010

8 Years Baby!

Saturday the 31st was our 8th (yes 8th!) wedding anniversary! We went down to Salt Lake Friday night and stayed at the Hotel Monaco and ate at their in-house restaurant, Bambara. We strolled through temple square and downtown and got some chatting and alone time in. It was lovely.....we haven't had a get away in quite awhile.

Here we are in front of the temple we got married in 8 years ago.
Not a great picture, but you work with what you've got, which was my blackberry.

We really like food.....so here are the only other things I took photos of:

Dinner at Bambaro
Appetizers. The asparagus dish was divine.

Entree. The Chef's specialty- steak and frites (AMAZING)

Dessert.


 
Breakfast at The Wild Grape
Beignets with chocolate sauce and strawberry compote. YUM

My yogurt, fruit and granola

I didn't take a picture of Jed's shrimp and grits. Maybe because he didn't speak from the moment it came till it was gone. He said it was one of the best dishes he's ever had! It didn't look good to me, but I'm not really into that kind of stuff.


So other than the fact that we both love food, we also are still very much in love with each other. Eight years have flown by so quickly! At the same time, it's hard to even remember my life without Jed in it. I love you the most friend! Thanks for being a wonderful husband and father.

8 comments:

Niki said...

At least you are still able to have some fun without us,haha! Eight years wow, congrats that is awesome! Miss you guys tons.

Megan said...

And this is why I love you guys! lol. How are we not obese Jenny?! I loved all the posts. That Addie makes me laugh. And if I ever know you are going to a princess party like that I might have to crash it with Anna. Who cares if WE know them. lol. Anna would have been in HEAVEN!

Lori said...

happy anniversary! glad it involved your two favorite things: food and jed. :)

Josh, Melissa and Brynn said...

Happy Anniversary! Your posts always make me hungry! Haha :) That foods looks amazing. Glad you guys had a fun time getting away.

Melissa Rees said...

Hooray for you guys!! Time flies when you're in love :)

Netti said...

What a fun anniversary celebration!! EIGHT YEARS!! When did we become such adults? Ha ha.

I've GOT to try those delicious morsels from The Wild Grape!!!

Netti said...

PS. That story about L. Tom and your Mom was so great!! Cracked me right up!

Janiel said...

WOW - Happy Anniversary!!