Thursday, August 26, 2010

Addie's first bike, first time boating, and a birthday

Friday evening, Jed came home from work and announced we were going to Target after dinner. Of course Addie and I agreed because, um it's Target. He didn't mention that the purpose was that he had decided he needed to buy his baby girl her first bike. He picked it up off the shelf and asked Addie, "should we get this for you and take it home?" she replied with an "okay!"


wahoo a big girl bike!
She even wanted to help daddy put it together

Can you tell she was excited??
Trying it out.....
She's two and a half so the whole concept of pedaling was tricky. It'll definitely take some more practice, but she loved it. She kept repeating stuff she'd heard on Word World about learning to ride a bike. She'd say "Hands on handle bars.....check. Keep pedaling and look ahead" lol of course she really didn't DO any of those things....but it was very cute and funny.
Oh and daddy showed her how it was done. Hee hee...



If that wasn't enough fun, Saturday evening we went up to Pineview with Steve and Dawn to take the boat out and see the annual Yacht Club Boat Parade. Addie's face in this picture says it all....
She LOVED it

I mean come on, being on a boat makes all Wellers happy!
Addie giggling with Uncle Blake
Haha, a little windy up front!

Jed in his happy place

Speaking of happy place....Steve and Addie had a ball driving the boat together!
Oh, and when I say DRIVING the boat, I mean SHE drove the boat.

Seriously some of my favorite pictures of Addie and her Papa Steve. Just so dang happy.


Look how good looking my friend looks all chillin' in the moonlight on the boat.
Promise he didn't pose...I'm just that good ;)

Once it was dark out, the boat parade started. It was fun to see all of them all lit up

Not the best pictures since the light was bad. I love the one that looked like a pirate ship and one that was Titanic-esque. Addie thought the boats were so cool with all the lights on it. She had a blast!



Sunday evening, we went down to celebrate my Grandpa's 89th birthday
Love you Grandma and Grandpa!

So that wraps up our weekend. It was quite splendid if you ask me. I think more weekends should include having daddy around all day Saturday, included bagels at Old Grist Mill, a hair cut for me and a nap.  I love spending time with my little family....and extended family!

8 comments:

Lori said...

yay. so many fun things happened this weekend. i'm excited for your boat... well and excited that i get to use your boat sometime...umm.. when i'm in utah. it will happen, i swear!

Melissa Rees said...

Oh how cool!! Love her bike. Deacon loves his big wheel!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

What a cute daddy Jed is. I love that she repeated the Word World song. Too funny. I have been wanting to get a bike for Logan. Perhaps christmas. I also just have to comment that I can't wait to see more of your family pictures. The two you posted are adorable.

Netti said...

She looks so cute on her new little bike! What a doll face she is!

A boat parade!!! How cool is that?? Love those pictures of Addie with her Grandpa, once again...what a doll face. :)

Sweet Grandma and Gramps. I love them. And it was so good to see your cute family up close and personal!

Niki said...

Cute, we miss you guys. Sorry I have been MIA when it comes to blogging its hard to find time to be on the computer. But I promise I read all your posts! Looks like you are having fun, I'll call you later this week and check in!

Janiel said...

LOL!! That boat thing looks like a lot of fun!!

Megan said...

It is such a great day when they learn to ride their bike. We go out all the time now. That Addie is one cute girl. I still laugh thinking about the way she was with Ross. lol. Thanks again for letting us come and eat the your yummy food :)

Andrea said...

Oh, Addie's first bike! How fun! I love those pictures of her (and Jed) riding the new bike. And you're making me jealous with all your boating pics;). We didn't go boating once this summer.

Grandma and Grandpa are so cute. We were bummed to miss Grandpa's birthday event! I'm glad you posted a picture.