Saturday, August 22, 2009

FABULOUS AT 50!!

Friday night we threw a surprise 50th Birthday party for my
GORGEOUS MOM!! I sure hope genetics help me out and I looked half as good as she does at 50!

It was so fun to see how surprised she was. She had no idea, especially because it was a week early. I figured it being her 50th and all she would suspect something ON her actual birthday. Most of the kids and grand kids were able to come and some other family and friends to help us celebrate, which made the evening awesome. Mom sure loves all her grand kids!
Grady giving her a great big birthday hug! So cute!

THE CAKE!
Yes, I MADE this cake. With the help of my amazing sister in law Kacey. The process is a whooole other blog post ;) but it turned out fun and cute. Everyone thought it was yummy too!

I divided by 10 on the amount of candles ;) didn't want the fire dept. showing up!

Me, my mom, Jason, and Chad

My mom and two of her crazy sisters Janet and Sharon. This picture is actually a very good representation of them the majority of the time.

Addie saying good night to grammy Rees after a fun party and evening. Look at their eyes next to each other. Jed always gets the credit, but I'm thinking she's got her grandma's blue eyes :)
(NO we didn't make her wear that crown at the party-she got it as a gift so I made her model it)
Thanks to everyone who came to the party and helped. It was so fun! Mom, thanks for being an amazing woman for the past 50 years. You're the best mom and I'm so grateful for you in my life! You've showed me how to be a wonderful mother and I have always looked up to you in more ways than you'll ever know. I love you so much!

15 comments:

Lori said...

happy birthday Marilyn! great job friend!

and please do a post on the process that was the cake. i enjoyed the BB updates but an elaborated version would be super entertaining to read.

Melissa Rees said...

It was so much fun!! You did a great job and the cake was fabulous!

Niki said...

So sorry we couldn't make it, I really didn't want to drag the girls along by myself. It looks like you had a fun time, and please tell your mom happy birthday from us! Just to give you a heads up I am enlisting you for help with Lizzie's cake next month.

Megan said...

The party looks like a hit! Your mom DOES look awesome and so does your cake. LOL. I am impressed with your mad skills.

Maria said...

Marilyn is so freaking awesome! I love her! She's so good to me and I seriously love your family.

I'm so glad you had a surprise b-day party for her! That would have been so great. Thanks for putting a cute picture of Deacon up there. I can't get Melissa to blog or put any pics of him online!

10zfam said...

that cake looks amazing! great job

Marilyn said...

I can't say THANKS enough for the wonderful party! It was so much fun and I loved seeing so my family and friends! I especially CAN NOT believe I am really 50! How in the heck did that happen so fast! I really do feel 37(ish)!!
Hope all my family and friends know how much I love them! You are my LIFE!!!
Mom

J said...

Yeah!! Happy birthday!! She looks fabulous and I love the cake - looks so good and yummy!!

Amanda said...

Your mom is realy pretty! I think you definitely got her genes. I love the cake. Way to go! I'm pretty sure I could never do that!

Lacei Child said...

I hope I look that good @ 50!!!

Netti said...

Geez, I'd give anything to be as sexy as your Ma at 50 years of age. She's so stylish and beautiful. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Marilyn.:)

PS. That cake is ADORABLE. You and Emily should start a cake shop together. She also makes darling cakes. You guys amaze me. I bow to your skills.

Chelsie said...

happy birthday to your cute mom!! the party and the cake look fabulous! i'm impressed

Jeff and Erin said...

Oh I love your sweet mom! Tell her Happy Birthday from us!

mph said...

Happy Birthday Marilyn! She does look amazing! I am so impressed by the cake!

Emmy said...

Happy 50th Birthday, Aunt Marilyn! What a gorgeous babe! Jen, your cake turned out awesome.